Museum Visitor Information
Magazzino Italian Art
Magazzino Italian Art
2700 Route 9
Cold Spring, NY 10516
+1 (845) 666 7202
+1 (845) 666 7203
Monday: 11am – 5pm
Thursday: 11am – 5pm
Friday: 11am – 5pm
Saturday: 11am – 5pm
Sunday: 11am – 5pm
Admission is free to the public.
Please note that reservations are required to visit the museum. To make a reservation, click here.
By Public Transportation from New York City
Magazzino Italian Art is located a 10-minute drive from the Cold Spring train station, served by Metro-North Railroad trains on the Hudson Line, ending in Poughkeepsie. Travel time is 70 minutes from Grand Central Station.
Shuttle bus service to and from the Cold Spring train station by Magazzino Italian Art is currently suspended. If you are using public transit, consider arranging your ride from the train station to the museum in advance as there is a limited availability of car hires in the area. We recommend calling ahead to the following Cold Spring taxi service: Alleys Way Car Service +1 (845) 265 8294.
By Car from New York City
Take the Upper Level of the George Washington Bridge, New Jersey-bound. Take first right off the bridge onto Palisades Parkway North. After Exit 17 keep right onto US-6 toward Bear Mountain Bridge. Go over the bridge. At the end of the bridge, turn left onto Route 9D North to Putnam 11, also known as "Snake Hill Road". Turn right on Putnam 11 and continue to the intersection with Route 9. Turn left and follow Route 9 North for 3.5 miles (5.6 km - approx. 4 min). Magazzino Italian Art will be on your right.
Travel time is approximately 80 minutes. Distance from New York City to Cold Spring is 58 miles.
Parking is available at the museum. There are designated accessible parking spaces, noted with signage, available for use.
The museum building is ADA compliant and wheelchair accessible. If you have specific questions about accessing areas of the museum premises, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Magazzino Italian Art, the safety of our visitors, staff and community is our top priority. We ask that all visitors abide by the following protocols to ensure the health and safety of all persons at the museum.
Here is what you can expect during your visit.
Reservations are required to visit the museum and can be made at the link here. If you have any questions or difficulty, please contact email@example.com.
When planning your visit, please note:
- We ask that all reservations include a maximum of six guests.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to host large groups or guided visits or tours at this time, but we will keep you informed on this policy as possible.
- In accordance with new social distancing and health protocols, we must limit museum visits to 90 minutes.
- Reservations are not required to visit the outdoor grounds around the museum building.
- If any of the below statements apply to you at the time of your visit, we ask that you please reschedule your reservation for a later date:
- You are currently experiencing, or have in the last 14 days experienced or displayed, symptoms including: an elevated temperature or fever of 100.4 F or higher, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fatigue, loss of smell or taste, persistent headaches.
- You have been in close contact with anyone who in the last 14 days has either confirmed or is suspected of being infected with COVID-19.
- In the last month, you traveled to an area labeled Level 2, 3, or 4 Global Health risk according to the U.S. State Department. Up-to-date information on these restrictions can be found here.
- You or someone in your party has spent more than 24 hours in a restricted state or have been in another high infection area within the last 14 days.
For more information on what you can expect before, during, and at the end of your visit to Magazzino Italian Art, please review the museum’s Safety Protocols at the page linked here.
We look forward to welcoming you to Magazzino Italian Art soon!