Visitor Services Coordinator
Job Posting | February 10, 2021
About the job
Located in Cold Spring, New York, Magazzino Italian Art is a museum and research center dedicated to advancing scholarship and public appreciation of postwar and contemporary Italian art in the United States. The nonprofit museum serves as an advocate for Italian artists as it celebrates the range of their creative practices from Arte Povera to the present. Through its curatorial, scholarly, and public initiatives, Magazzino explores the impact and enduring resonances of Italian art on a global level.
Meaning “warehouse” in Italian, Magazzino was co-founded by Nancy Olnick and Giorgio Spanu. The 20,000 square-foot museum, designed by Spanish architect Miguel Quismondo, opened its doors in 2017, creating a new cultural hub and community resource within the Hudson Valley.
Magazzino Italian Art is seeking a Visitor Services Coordinator to join its fast-paced team in Cold Spring, NY. This position is Thursday to Monday, 10am - 6pm.
Main Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Administer Visitor Services including oversight of interns
- Support and help to enhance all policies and procedures relevant to all Visitor Services operations
- Prepare and deliver reports, detailing Visitor Services activities, to the Director, Operations and other management staff
- Try to support operating within budgetary goals
- Track performance and related targets
- Work with the Head of Security and his staff to implement and conduct periodic reviews of all security and emergency procedures
- Participate in and help to advance all job-specific training and on-going education programs for the Visitor Services staff, including incorporating knowledgeable and appropriate background material in coordination with Museum Department staff
- Maintain excellent visitor service standards and adhere to the Foundation policies, systems, and procedures
- Handle visitor concerns, comments, and complaints including managing and responding to patron's complaints regarding any ticket or admissions issues
- Elevate visitor issues to management as needed
- Relay visitors concerns about experience, and exhibits, as needed, to the Director and other Foundation management staff
- Assist any special interest groups, in order to provide a unique on-site experience for a select number of visitors
- Manage group visits in order to create a proactive environment and experience for large groups or tours as they prepare to visit the Museum
- Two years’ experience working with the public preferred
- Passionate about the arts; some knowledge and interest in/appreciation for postwar and contemporary Italian art highly preferred
- Software skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- High degree of accuracy, organization and attention to detail
- Familiarity with departmental budgets
- Must be flexible to work some evenings, holidays and weekends as needed
- Ability to clearly and accurately communicate verbally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work well with people at all levels and of different cultures
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Dependable with a strong work ethic; respects and meets deadlines on time
- Ability to represent the Museum professionally and consistently demonstrate the Museum’s values
- Conversant/fluent in Italian is preferred
- Associates degree in art, history, or related degree desired
How to Apply:
All applicants must email their resume and cover letter to Paula Ciccimarra at email@example.com.
Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
Magazzino Italian Art Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, physical or mental disabilities, sexual orientation, or national origin.