Magazzino Italian Art Safety Protocols
June 26, 2020
At Magazzino Italian Art, the safety of our visitors, staff and community is our top priority. We ask that all visitors abide by the following protocols to ensure the health and safety of all persons at the museum.
Before your visit, please note:
- If any of the below statements apply to you at the time of your visit, we ask that you please reschedule your reservation for a later date:
- You are currently experiencing, or have in the last 14 days experienced or displayed, symptoms including: an elevated temperature or fever of 100.4 or higher, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fatigue, loss of smell or taste, persistent headaches.
- You have been in close contact with anyone who in the last 14 days has either confirmed or is suspected of being infected with COVID-19.
- In the last month, you traveled to an area labeled Level 2, 3, or 4 Global Health risk according to the U.S. State Department. Up-to-date information on these restrictions can be found here.
- All areas of the museum building are being routinely disinfected by professional cleaners multiple times per day.
- All guests in a given group must be listed by name on your reservation. If they are not listed on your confirmation email, we invite them to connect with our visitor services team to reserve the next available time slot.
- Visitors who arrive more than 15 minutes late will be asked to reschedule their visit. Our team is happy to assist you in making a new reservation on site.
- Museum staff will take all visitors’ temperatures at the building entry point using a contact free, infrared thermometer. If you have any questions or concerns about this practice, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org before your visit.
- All visitors are required to wear a mask or appropriate face covering while on the premises. If you do not have one, our team is happy to provide one for you upon entry to the museum.
- Coat check service is suspended at this time. We ask that you please leave all large bags and luggage at home or in your personal vehicle. Our parking lot is monitored by security during museum hours and, to the best of our ability, we will protect your belongings while you are in the museum building.
- Food and drink are not permitted inside the museum. We have temporarily suspended the use of water fountains and communal drinking stations. Visitors who bring their own water bottle are welcome to use a water-filling station available outside the museum.
- Please be prepared to use your own mobile device to access exhibition-related materials and information. Free WiFi is available on site. If you do not have a mobile device, please reach out to email@example.com to make alternate arrangements prior to your visit.
Upon arriving at Magazzino Italian Art:
- If you arrive before your scheduled reservation time, please feel free to walk around and enjoy the museum’s gardens and grounds.
- To the best of your ability, please practice social distancing. We ask that all visitors maintain a six-foot or two-meter distance between themselves and other parties at all times. For lines and queues outside the building and on the museum’s grounds, Magazzino Italian Art will provide guidance to help gauge your spatial awareness.
- Please have your digital ticket ready to present at the first check-in point upon arrival. A team member will use an infrared thermometer to check your temperature before admission to the museum building.
- Please use the hand sanitation station upon entry into the museum. We encourage all visitors to use hand sanitation stations as needed throughout the visit.
- Wear a mask, face shield, or face covering. If you do not have one, our team is happy to provide one for you upon entry to the museum.
- When you enter the building, please visit the front desk for a brief orientation of the museum. One party will be processed at a time. All visitors will receive an EGOpro device, a small wearable device that sounds an alarm if you breach a safe distance between you and another visitor. The device will be wrapped in a single-use compostable bag on a single-use lanyard to wear around your neck. The devices are sanitized prior to and after each use.
During your visit:
- Restrooms are available for your use. We ask that you refrain from forming lines or queues when using the restroom inside the museum.
- Please refer to all in-gallery signage and wayfinding to direct your visit. All visitors will start at gallery one and follow a predetermined path through gallery eight.
- Please use your own mobile device to access the digital museum guide. Free WiFi is available and will direct you to QR codes to access more information about the works on view.
- Please keep your mask and EGOpro device on at all times while inside the museum.
End of your visit:
- When you exit the building, please remove your EGOpro device from your person and deposit it at the indicated location at the exit.
- Upon exiting, we ask that visitors please do not re-enter the museum.
- For use of the restroom, please use the parking lot-adjacent facilities.
Magazzino Italian Art reserves the right to enforce these protocols.
Magazzino Italian Art will begin welcoming the public back to the museum starting Friday, July 10, 2020 in accordance with state, regional, and local guidelines of the phased reopening of the Mid-Hudson region. Find out more information on Magazzino’s summer programming, as well as new health and safety protocols.
Magazzino Italian Art will be the first museum in the United States to adopt new social distancing technology to protect future visitors in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Developed by Italian and American companies, this new device takes the guesswork out of social distancing by using radio waves to measure and maintain safe distances between visitors.